Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Just enrolled on this Course? Feel free to introduce yourself here

BIMscape
Member Admin

To get the most out of this course, I would strongly encourage to participate in our Community Forum.

Personally, I want to ensure you get the most out of this course. So any info' you can provide upfront (ie your aspirations for the course, learning requirements, etc) will help me- particularly when we get to our 1-2-1 Live Online Session.

*** Please Reply to this Thread for all introductions rather than starting a new one.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

Topic starter Posted : 28/10/2021 4:51 pm
Jeff Jones

Hi, I'm Jeff, and architect in Dallas, Texas and am really looking forward to this practice project. I have been a dedicated AutoCAD user since r.12 and currently use Autodesk Architecture for all of my work. I'm ready to move to Revit if it can do the job!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2021 8:52 pm
BIMscape liked
Henrik Gade
Eminent Member

Hello! I'm Henrik! Architectural technologist student from Denmark (I finally figured out what my UK equivalent is!) - I love that you actually went ahead with this idea! I remember you talking a bit about it 🙂 

My purpose is to use this course to hopefully finally stop feeling like a newbie in Revit, as you plan to cover a fair number of topics, that I struggle with in my own projecting work! 

Thanks! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2021 10:04 am
BIMscape liked
BIMscape
Member Admin
Posted by: @pencilwhip

Hi, I'm Jeff, and architect in Dallas, Texas and am really looking forward to this practice project. I have been a dedicated AutoCAD user since r.12 and currently use Autodesk Architecture for all of my work. I'm ready to move to Revit if it can do the job!

Welcome Jeff!

Many thanks for your introduction.

The first Units are going live right now.

Please feel free to ask all the questions you need to. I'm here to help that switch from AutoCAD to Revit to be as smooth (and enjoyable) as possible.

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/11/2021 4:50 pm
BIMscape
Member Admin
Posted by: @nikmi

Hello! I'm Henrik! Architectural technologist student from Denmark (I finally figured out what my UK equivalent is!) - I love that you actually went ahead with this idea! I remember you talking a bit about it 🙂 

My purpose is to use this course to hopefully finally stop feeling like a newbie in Revit, as you plan to cover a fair number of topics, that I struggle with in my own projecting work! 

Thanks! 

Many thanks Henrik,

I 'know' you are going to have lots of questions- which is a GOOD thing! The more, the better!

Hope you enjoy the course.

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/11/2021 4:51 pm
William Watson
Posted by: @iannichols_sxa5jqu0

To get the most out of this course, I would strongly encourage to participate in our Community Forum.

Personally, I want to ensure you get the most out of this course. So any info' you can provide upfront (ie your aspirations for the course, learning requirements, etc) will help me- particularly when we get to our 1-2-1 Live Online Session.

*** Please Reply to this Thread for all introductions rather than starting a new one.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

Hi, I'm retired now but worked for many years training Architects and Engineers to us Autocad, so i am now just learning how to use Revit, and similar programmes, just for my own peace of mind, but if someone locally wants me to do a set of Drawings then i hope to be ready?

This post was modified 3 months ago by William Watson
ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2021 5:14 pm
BIMscape liked
BIMscape
Member Admin
Posted by: @squire-will
Posted by: @iannichols_sxa5jqu0

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

Hi, I'm retired now but worked for many years training Architects and Engineers to us Autocad, so i am now just learning how to use Revit, and similar programmes, just for my own peace of mind, but if someone locally wants me to do a set of Drawings then i hope to be ready?

Many thanks for the intro'.

May I ask what other software are you learning, in addition to Revit?

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/11/2021 8:58 pm
Robert Bath

Hi Ian,

Will a notification be sent out every time new modules/units are released on the course?

I'm up to 'create new wall types' - has that video been released yet? Just making sure it's all working for me ok.

Many thanks, Rob

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2021 12:48 pm
BIMscape liked
BIMscape
Member Admin
Posted by: @rbx

Hi Ian,

Will a notification be sent out every time new modules/units are released on the course?

I'm up to 'create new wall types' - has that video been released yet? Just making sure it's all working for me ok.

Many thanks, Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, next 2  Units about to be released this afternoon. Hope you are enjoying the course?

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/11/2021 1:41 pm
Robert Bath

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your prompt reply!

Yes the course is fantastic so far! Really enjoying it - will be great to see how it all comes together going forward.

Thanks again,

Rob

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2021 11:11 am
BIMscape liked
BIMscape
Member Admin
Posted by: @rbx

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your prompt reply!

Yes the course is fantastic so far! Really enjoying it - will be great to see how it all comes together going forward.

Thanks again,

Rob

Many thanks indeed Rob,

'So very pleased you are enjoying it!

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/11/2021 2:43 pm
James Breisacher

Hi Everyone,

I've been doing this for some time, by this I mean Revit. I started learning with Revit 2012. I seem to always have time to buy Ian courses and the ones I've been able to actually go through have always taught me something, but finding time is never easy.

Here again, I am late in starting this project, some of you may be half done by now. I can't even find out how to start, it's not listed in my courses so I've been going through my emails to find out what I missed. I will probably figure it out, but if not you all will be hearing from me again; so thank you ahead of time.

Jim, alive and well in cold Bozeman Montana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2021 11:09 pm
BIMscape liked
BIMscape
Member Admin
Posted by: @jim

Hi Everyone,

I've been doing this for some time, by this I mean Revit. I started learning with Revit 2012. I seem to always have time to buy Ian courses and the ones I've been able to actually go through have always taught me something, but finding time is never easy.

Here again, I am late in starting this project, some of you may be half done by now. I can't even find out how to start, it's not listed in my courses so I've been going through my emails to find out what I missed. I will probably figure it out, but if not you all will be hearing from me again; so thank you ahead of time.

Jim, alive and well in cold Bozeman Montana

Hi Jim,

Thanks for enrolling. We will most certainly get you up to speed! Have you managed to start yet?

I'll PM you separately, in case you need any specific help getting out of  the starting blocks!

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/12/2021 9:38 am
James Breisacher

Hi Ian,

Yes, I've been able to get started and now just need to set some time to keep going.

If I have any questions you will be the first one I contact.

Thanks for your reply.

Jim 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2021 11:29 pm