Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Daylight

Henrik Gade
Eminent Member

Hi

I just caught up and added windows. I know we are mainly working to learn Revit features, but do you have a source for british standards for daylight?
In danish construction we have some pretty strict guidelines / rules for the amount of daylight you need. Basically you need to take a rooms total footprint in m2, and 10% of that should be the minimum for window m2

But there are also concerns about facing in the right direction for optimal daylight, and lenght of windows to insure that you get daylight all year 

Are you going to be touching of any of this in later  units?

Topic starter Posted : 24/11/2021 11:48 am
BIMscape liked
BIMscape
Member Admin
Posted by: @nikmi

Hi

I just caught up and added windows. I know we are mainly working to learn Revit features, but do you have a source for british standards for daylight?
In danish construction we have some pretty strict guidelines / rules for the amount of daylight you need. Basically you need to take a rooms total footprint in m2, and 10% of that should be the minimum for window m2

But there are also concerns about facing in the right direction for optimal daylight, and lenght of windows to insure that you get daylight all year 

Are you going to be touching of any of this in later  units?

Hi Henrik.

This would fall under our UK Building Regulations. I am purposefully not going to encroach into country-specific Building Codes, Regulations or construction techniques as I am not conversant with the global variations. However I think some focused discussion on the Forums would be really interesting.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2021 3:20 pm
Henrik Gade
Eminent Member

I think that is a really good idea to discuss here!

What would the general requirement and recommendation be for a residential unit in the UK?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/11/2021 5:31 pm