Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Revit Roof Masterclass

Stephen Roche

Hi

I have the "revit roofs masterclass" video course on the new site but cant access any of the video content,seems its not uploaded yet or something??

The same for my "creating revit families" ebook.

Also can you update on the status of the "advanced scheduling in revit" please and when that is going to be available??

Thanks

Topic starter Posted : 10/04/2021 3:06 pm
BIMscape
Member Admin
Posted by: @steo2020

Hi

I have the "revit roofs masterclass" video course on the new site but cant access any of the video content,seems its not uploaded yet or something??

The same for my "creating revit families" ebook.

Also can you update on the status of the "advanced scheduling in revit" please and when that is going to be available??

Thanks

Hi,

Roofs video course all migrated. Not sure what issue is there? Can you please try clearing browser cache and trying again?

Roofs Ebook and Families Ebook will be fully migrated by this evening (GMT)- I'll issue an Email once each is migrated, just to let people know.

Then starting next week, Families video course and MEP / Scheduling migration commences.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2021 4:17 pm
Stephen Roche

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0

Cleared cookies and tried different browsers..it looks as below in the attached file with everything grayed out bar the welcome to the course module...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/04/2021 4:25 pm
BIMscape
Member Admin

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0

Cleared cookies and tried different browsers..it looks as below in the attached file with everything grayed out bar the welcome to the course module...

I see what has happened.

The course was set to release each Unit upon completion of the one before it. Hence, that's why only the first Unit in your screenshot was available. If you had gone into that Unit and clicked "Completed" at the bottom of the page, it would have then opened the next one and so forth.

However, I appreciate most people want the flexibility to jump around the course in the order that they choose. So I've changed a setting and all Units should now be initially available to everyone.

Can you please check it again now and let me know how you get on?

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2021 8:10 pm
Stephen Roche

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0 Yep that has indeed sorted it thank you.

So that only leaves the "Advanced Scheduling in Revit" course which I purchased in January. Your penultimate post confused me as you mentioned you are migrating schedules next week. Does that particular course fall under this particular migration so we can look forward to it next week or??

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/04/2021 8:27 pm
BIMscape
Member Admin

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0 Yep that has indeed sorted it thank you.

So that only leaves the "Advanced Scheduling in Revit" course which I purchased in January. Your penultimate post confused me as you mentioned you are migrating schedules next week. Does that particular course fall under this particular migration so we can look forward to it next week or??

Thanks for the update- glad it works now!

I have also just migrated the Creating Families PDF Ebook. So that is also available now. Will aim to get the Walls Ebook migrated later on tonight.

As of next week, my plan is to try and migrate the rest of the courses all at the same time- rather than being sequential. This is because i know different members are waiting for different courses. So for any particular course, it will be a slower process- but it seems fairer as they will all progress migration at the same time. Again, regular emails will come out to keep people informed- I am literally about to send an Email Notification for the Families Ebook now.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2021 8:35 pm
Stephen Roche

Thanks Ian..

Can you address the status of the advanced scheduling course please?? it was not available on the old site for me either..so i am in the dark,if its not available yet,or there was an issue regarding adding it to my account.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/04/2021 8:41 pm
BIMscape
Member Admin

Thanks Ian..

Can you address the status of the advanced scheduling course please?? it was not available on the old site for me either..so i am in the dark,if its not available yet,or there was an issue regarding adding it to my account.

Many apologies. It was not available at the old site- as the course system was corrupting some of the Units- as it was doing with some of the other courses. This was one of the main driving factors in starting completely over again- to build in the performance (in terms of robustness and speed) from the outset and for the future.

I will check your specific account now and ensure that it is assigned for you- so you'll have access as soon as the migration starts.

Many thanks indeed,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2021 8:46 pm
Stephen Roche

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0

Thanks Ian,appreciate that... I can see the advanced schedule course is already in my account..it only has the one module atm...so hopefully we will see some movement on that front soon 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/04/2021 8:54 pm
BIMscape
Member Admin

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0

Thanks Ian,appreciate that... I can see the advanced schedule course is already in my account..it only has the one module atm...so hopefully we will see some movement on that front soon 🙂

If you can see that- then yes, you are definitely registered for it. When I created the new website from scratch a couple of weeks ago- I had to put in 'placeholder' courses in order to have the assigned against various member accounts. I had to do this at the outset, before any content was curated over. It is far easier (in terms of the site setup) to get people assigned against their previous courses- even if those new course are initially blank. The content is then migrated and slotted in.

In all honesty I should have put a small explanation in each initial course Unit to explain this. I think I'll add this tomorrow for the remaining courses, to (hopefully) eradicate any ambiguity.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2021 8:59 pm
Stephen Roche

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0

Hi Ian,I reluctantly have to post another message on here asking about this.

Can you please give me a date as to when the "Advanced Scheduling in Revit" is going to be made available for users??? I am registered as we established as I purchased it back in January.

However there is no learning content/modules uploaded to the course yet,there are also other members leaving comments on the introduction module asking he same question.

So please can you tell us when it will be available??

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/04/2021 12:06 pm
BIMscape liked
BIMscape
Member Admin

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0

Hi Ian,I reluctantly have to post another message on here asking about this.

Can you please give me a date as to when the "Advanced Scheduling in Revit" is going to be made available for users??? I am registered as we established as I purchased it back in January.

However there is no learning content/modules uploaded to the course yet,there are also other members leaving comments on the introduction module asking he same question.

So please can you tell us when it will be available??

Migration for Advanced Scheduling in Revit is now well under way. Initial batch is migrated and available now. I have just issued an Email Notification to all those on this particular course, to this effect.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 8:00 pm
Stephen Roche

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0 Glad to hear it Ian..and indeed I can see the videos for the schedule course in my account!!

Just one thing,can you tick whatever box it is that lets us users jump from video to video on a particular course rather than having to watch them sequentially if its not too much trouble??

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/06/2021 8:14 pm
BIMscape liked
BIMscape
Member Admin

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0 Glad to hear it Ian..and indeed I can see the videos for the schedule course in my account!!

Just one thing,can you tick whatever box it is that lets us users jump from video to video on a particular course rather than having to watch them sequentially if its not too much trouble??

Cheers

No problem at all- I've just changed the setting now.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 8:35 pm