Farmhouse Style Roof  

RSS
(@drafting-logan)
New Member Member

Hello!

I'm having a lot of difficulties creating a particular roof profile.

This "farmhouse" style has become increasingly popular in our area, and I'd like to be able to transition some of my team to Revit for these projects, however, I can't seem to get this to work!

Below is an image of the style I am referring to.  The only issue I have is the small gable at the front of the house (the one with the windows above the porch).  It seems like all of my problems stem from it beginning on the same plane as the roof it attaches to.

I've tried creating a separate roof profile and joining the two, but I have trouble getting the underlying roof to cut (generally using the "dormer" tool to try and cut the roof).

I've also tried using slope arrows, but I'm afraid I don't have a good grasp on their use/limitations/etc.

I'm fairly confident I could get it with a roof extrusion, but I'm not sure how much of the profile I need to create from scratch, and I'm really looking for a more streamlined way to do this in the future.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2018 11:29 pm
(@drafting-logan)
New Member Member

I have found the simple solution for this!

As I stated in my previous post, I wasn't very confident in my slope arrows.  After revisiting my beginner's guide, I realized I was skipping a step!  I had to use the "split-line tool" to situate the slope arrows properly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2018 2:49 pm
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin

Glad you got it sorted!

Many thanks,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2018 10:42 pm
Share: