Notifications
Clear all

RSS
(@jacky-allart)
New Member Member

Hi BIMSCAPE community,

I'm 42, I live in the beautiful winelands of Cape Town, South Africa, and have been an interior designer for around 17 years now.  When I studied, computers were still a novelty in our field so I'm self taught in Autocad and am just starting out with Sketchup.  With the advent of Covid 19 and the loss of jobs in the construction sector, I'm branching out and doing freelance work for architects...and Revit is a necessity these days. So, time to learn!

Posted : 31/05/2020 1:42 pm
Laura Foppe and Ian liked
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin
Posted by: @jacky-allart

Hi BIMSCAPE community,

I'm 42, I live in the beautiful winelands of Cape Town, South Africa, and have been an interior designer for around 17 years now.  When I studied, computers were still a novelty in our field so I'm self taught in Autocad and am just starting out with Sketchup.  With the advent of Covid 19 and the loss of jobs in the construction sector, I'm branching out and doing freelance work for architects...and Revit is a necessity these days. So, time to learn!

Hi Jacky- welcome!

Yes, a very good move (in my opinion) in taking the opportunity to learn Revit now. It'll help "future-proof" your opportunities as far as possible.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2020 1:56 pm
Share: