Notifications
Clear all

Wall Location line  

RSS
(@cathy99)
New Member Member

Can I get a more in depth explanation of how the wall location line can be used in practice?

thank you.

Posted : 08/05/2020 12:47 am
Ian liked
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin
Posted by: @cathy99

Can I get a more in depth explanation of how the wall location line can be used in practice?

thank you.

Hi Cathy,

The Wall Location determines the behaviour of Wall elements when they change thickness. Imagine you place a Wall element into your Project. And then you edit the Wall's Structure- so that it is now TWICE as thick. How do you want the wall to behave- with regards it's actual location in the Project? Do you want the Outer Face to stay in the same position, or the Inner Face? Or maybe the true centreline of the Wall stays in place and the wall gets thicker equally, each side? The Wall Location property allows you to determine which Face / Plane stays in place if the thickness changes.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2020 9:37 pm
Nin liked
(@cathy99)
New Member Member

Thank you. This clears everything up for me

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2020 12:52 pm
Ian liked
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin
Posted by: @cathy99

Thank you. This clears everything up for me

That's great.

Also note: the Location Line property is an Instance Parameter- so it can have different values on each instance of Wall in your project. ie All the External Walls may be set to "Finished Face Exterior", whilst all the internal Walls are set to "Centreline"

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2020 1:36 pm
Nin liked
Share: