Rearranging Windows?  

RSS
(@jordanescrig)
New Member Member

Hi!

So I'm currently learning the very early stages, and I looking at arranging Windows to fit multiple views on the same screen. You have a little Minimise, Close, Maxmise bit to allow you to resize them but I don't have that at all? It's preventing me from resizing any windows at all so I'm not able to fit multiple views on the screen at once. 

Any way to get that little menu back?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2018 11:04 pm Ian liked
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin

So you don't have the standard "Windows" toggles in the top right of each window? That sounds like it could be a graphics card issue? These toggles are standard and not optional- ie there is no setting to turn these on or off in Revit. Can you take a screenshot of the area in question?

Thanks,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2018 10:20 am
(@jordanescrig)
New Member Member

Not anywhere I can see! My GPU is up to date as far as I can tell, plus it's a GTX1080TI so it's top of the range at the moment. Area I believe it should be is circled in blue in this screenshot:  https://imgur.com/a/g5iQqzR  

I'm running the trial version as I'm hoping to learn Revit to help me with a career change, would that be any reason to be missing features? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2018 9:03 pm Ian liked
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin

Hi,

I think I've solved it.

I notice from your screenshot that you're on 2019. In the latest version of Revit, Autodesk have added Tabbed Windows. You can see the tab for this window on it's top left hand side. There is an X to put the window away.

I have downloaded 2019 myself- but I'm yet to install it. So I'm guessing to a certain extent exactly how the tabs work- shouldbe quite straightforward I would think.

Once I've installed 2019 myself I'll do some quick YouTube vids on the new features- including these tabbed windows. I can then update the Course, PDF eBook etc.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2018 1:55 pm
Share: