Module 4 - Unit 12 - Stairs by components  

RSS
(@emistep)

Hi, 

I appear to be having trouble with the last part of this tutorial, which is creating multistory stairs. It's odd, but when I select my stairs, I don't have the Multistory Top Level option in my properties. I have been testing with different stair configurations and types as well as reading on other forums, and have not found a solution yet. Can anyone help? 

If I find the solution, I'll post it here in case others are having the same issue! 

Many thanks, 

Emi

Posted : 11/04/2019 10:07 pm
(@emistep)

Hi!

So, even after my research, I was not able to figure out why I Don't have the multistory option in my stairs properties. However, I followed another method for multistory stairs found on an Autodesk forum. Here's what I did:

1. Go to an elevation or section view

2. Select stairs component and click on Multistory stairs panel in Edit

3. Select all level for which you want the multistory to Apply. 

Here's the link I used for more info: 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/Revit-Model/files/GUID-CCF34EC3-4AEB-466C-B730-F11A82A86450-htm.html  

Hope this can help out anyone having the same issue as me!

Cheers, 

Emi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 5:30 pm
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin
Posted by: emistep

Hi!

So, even after my research, I was not able to figure out why I Don't have the multistory option in my stairs properties. However, I followed another method for multistory stairs found on an Autodesk forum. Here's what I did:

1. Go to an elevation or section view

2. Select stairs component and click on Multistory stairs panel in Edit

3. Select all level for which you want the multistory to Apply. 

Here's the link I used for more info: 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/Revit-Model/files/GUID-CCF34EC3-4AEB-466C-B730-F11A82A86450-htm.html  

Hope this can help out anyone having the same issue as me!

Cheers, 

Emi

Thanks Emi,

Yes, Autodesk have changed the Multi-Storey tool for 2019. In my opinion, it worked well and was nice and simple as it was- controlled from the Properties Palette. Now we have a new process controlled on the Ribbon.

Many thanks,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2019 11:42 am
Share: