Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Mitigation and possible missing videos

Tony Walker

Hi Ian,

I notice from a previous post in the forum that you have said that the mitigation of the unit is on the 'home straight'

Currently I have only videos for Unit 1 and the beginning 6 videos for Unit 2.   I wanted to check if this is correct or if some of the streams for the videos had not got disconnected on my account as they had for the mastering revit walls unit.  My interpretation of you saying that it is on the home straight is that this is nearly complete and that I should have more videos of the course.

Can you please advise'

Thanks

Topic starter Posted : 12/06/2021 8:55 am
BIMscape
Member Admin
Posted by: @tonywalker280hotmail-com

Hi Ian,

I notice from a previous post in the forum that you have said that the mitigation of the unit is on the 'home straight'

Currently I have only videos for Unit 1 and the beginning 6 videos for Unit 2.   I wanted to check if this is correct or if some of the streams for the videos had not got disconnected on my account as they had for the mastering revit walls unit.  My interpretation of you saying that it is on the home straight is that this is nearly complete and that I should have more videos of the course.

Can you please advise'

Thanks

Hi Tony,

Yes, on Home Straight (ie nearly there with embedded links finally). Please check later today- and then daily. You should see embedded links in your Units. Any problems at all, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2021 1:57 pm
Tony Walker

Hi Ian,

I have just checked (time 22:15 on 15.06.21) and I have no embedded links.  The videos for Unit 1 and the first 6 videos for Unit 2 come straight up with no embedded link to click as image 1.  The remaining units have no video or no link as image 2

This post was modified 4 months ago 3 times by Tony Walker
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/06/2021 10:26 pm
BIMscape
Member Admin

Hi Ian,

I have just checked (time 22:15 on 15.06.21) and I have no embedded links.  The videos for Unit 1 and the first 6 videos for Unit 2 come straight up with no embedded link to click as image 1.  The remaining units have no video or no link as image 2

Hi Tony,

I am literally about to add video links for Module 2, Units 7, 8 and 9 in the next hour or so. I have been working on adding links for the first Module of the MEP course this evening. That will be complete in the next 10 mins- then I am onto the Families course. After that the 2 remaining Units in Module 1 of the Advanced Scheduling course will be added this evening.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2021 10:38 pm
Stephen Roche

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0 What seems to make the upload process to vimeo so slow may I ask before you embed the links onto your site?? the uploaded videos thus far,certainly on the schedule course are very short so can't image they take long to upload with any kind of a decent connection

This post was modified 4 months ago by Stephen Roche
ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2021 10:59 pm
BIMscape
Member Admin
Posted by: @steo2020

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0 What seems to make the upload process to vimeo so slow may I ask before you embed the links onto your site?? the uploaded videos thus far,certainly on the schedule course are very short so can't image they take long to upload with any kind of a decent connection

It's not so much the actual upload itself- as you say, it's relatively quick. Vimeo then does it's own processing and optimisation. Then it generates video links for embedding. These are encrypted by Vimeo so that they only work when embedded at the bimscape domain IP. This stops the videos being grabbed and used off-site / downloaded. The those links are then manually embedded into each Unit, in Wordpress. Multiply this across each course.

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2021 11:11 pm
Stephen Roche

@iannichols_sxa5jqu0 Straightforward enough process in that case provided you dedicate the time to it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2021 11:14 pm
Tony Walker
Posted by: @iannichols_sxa5jqu0

Hi Ian,

Hi Tony,

I am literally about to add video links for Module 2, Units 7, 8 and 9 in the next hour or so. I have been working on adding links for the first Module of the MEP course this evening. That will be complete in the next 10 mins- then I am onto the Families course. After that the 2 remaining Units in Module 1 of the Advanced Scheduling course will be added this evening.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

Hi Ian,

Just checked my account and I have no videos for module 2 Units 8 and 9.  I believe from your email with your account that these should have been added  Is this an issue with my account or is that where you are upto with the mitgation.  

I only have videos for Module 1 and Module 2 upto unit 7 and none for the remaining modules on the course.

Thanks 

Tony

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/06/2021 9:01 pm
BIMscape liked
BIMscape
Member Admin

@tonywalker280hotmail-com 

Hi Tony,

Further videos for this (and the other) courses coming this week- and the following 2 weeks after. By which will then be (at last) complete.

A choice of a free new course for all those affected- to acknowledge everyone's extreme patience. (full details later this week by the Email Newsletter)

Many thanks indeed,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2021 10:30 pm
Tony Walker
Posted by: @iannichols_sxa5jqu0

@tonywalker280hotmail-com 

Hi Tony,

Further videos for this (and the other) courses coming this week- and the following 2 weeks after. By which will then be (at last) complete.

A choice of a free new course for all those affected- to acknowledge everyone's extreme patience. (full details later this week by the Email Newsletter)

Many thanks indeed,

Kind regards,

Ian

Hi Ian,

Could you please check my account as I have not received any new videos, they stop at Unit 2 module 8 and if you recall I had issues with some of the links on a couple of the units on the complete beginners course and want to make sure that it has not happened again as the videos that you said would appear haven't in my account.

Thanks

Tony

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/07/2021 7:52 pm
Kwan Chan

Same here, can't access videos starting from Unit 2 module 8. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2021 2:09 pm
Tony Walker

Hi Ian,

Could you please  provide an update on the mitgation as the familes unit stops at Unit 2 Module 8 on my account and according to other forum posts from yourself in June (copied below) these should be now populated  to all unit holders.

;Creating Revit Families videos are now being populated into the Unit holders.

The initial batch of Advanced Scheduling in Revit is migrated- more coming on soon.

Initial batch of Revit MEP Fundamentals will be migrated this evening.

There's also 4 new Mini-Courses coming soon- full details (ie course itineraries) are available in the BIMscape Shop now.

Many thanks indeed,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 7:57 pm

Also in my above thread you have said on 17th June that Unit 2, videos 7,8,9 would be up with further videos added each 2 weeks.  It is now August and the videos on my account are still what I reported to you in June and nothing has changed except that I can see 1 more video than I originally could.

Hence why I believe there is an issue with my account and not all the videos are uploading as you have said on other forum posts (copied above) that the videos have been done.

Could you please advise

Thanks

Tony

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/08/2021 7:54 pm
BIMscape
Member Admin

Hi Ian,

Could you please  provide an update on the mitgation as the familes unit stops at Unit 2 Module 8 on my account and according to other forum posts from yourself in June (copied below) these should be now populated  to all unit holders.

;Creating Revit Families videos are now being populated into the Unit holders.

The initial batch of Advanced Scheduling in Revit is migrated- more coming on soon.

Initial batch of Revit MEP Fundamentals will be migrated this evening.

There's also 4 new Mini-Courses coming soon- full details (ie course itineraries) are available in the BIMscape Shop now.

Many thanks indeed,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 7:57 pm

Also in my above thread you have said on 17th June that Unit 2, videos 7,8,9 would be up with further videos added each 2 weeks.  It is now August and the videos on my account are still what I reported to you in June and nothing has changed except that I can see 1 more video than I originally could.

Hence why I believe there is an issue with my account and not all the videos are uploading as you have said on other forum posts (copied above) that the videos have been done.

Could you please advise

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony,

Please see my other reply to you in this thread in the Troubleshooting Forum

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2021 8:32 pm
Mariam Alsaigh

Hi Tony,

where you able to get the missing videos?

I subscribed to the newsletter as Ian mentioned but still unable to get the missing videos.

please let me know

thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2021 4:24 pm