Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Section between two buildings sharing a wall

Henrik Gade

I'm designing 2 residential units, that share a wall with a Common house.

I'm having some doubts about my design when it comes to the point illustrated in my very professional attached drawing

I am worried about Cold and sound traveling through the concrete from the basement, as the sound insulation is only installed in the floor directly next to the residential area. and cold (mainly from the basement when its unheated) due to the contact point between my groundsupported floor in the residential and Lightweight concrete, basement wall

I'm not sure if this is enough information, ask if its not clear enough what my problem is, from the drawing!

Topic starter Posted : 09/04/2021 4:21 pm
BIMscape liked
BIMscape
Member Admin
Posted by: @nikmi

I'm designing 2 residential units, that share a wall with a Common house.

I'm having some doubts about my design when it comes to the point illustrated in my very professional attached drawing

I am worried about Cold and sound traveling through the concrete from the basement, as the sound insulation is only installed in the floor directly next to the residential area. and cold (mainly from the basement when its unheated) due to the contact point between my groundsupported floor in the residential and Lightweight concrete, basement wall

I'm not sure if this is enough information, ask if its not clear enough what my problem is, from the drawing!

Can you make the basement wall a Cavity wall and fill it with insulation? This will stop the cold-bridge between the basement void and the adjacent ground floor, the other side of the wall.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2021 10:20 pm