Revit Shortcuts

Home Forums Suggestions & Feedback Revit Shortcuts

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  brentwz 3 days, 22 hours ago.

• Author

mpthompson
    Participant

Pretty essential for anyone using Revit IMO, keyboard shortcuts. There’s a list and PDF on this link:-

http://www.autodesk.com/shortcuts/revit

KS will take you to keyboard shortcuts, hover over commands to see if they have shortcuts and create your own.

brentwz
    Participant

Typing “ks” to get the keyboard shortcuts dialog box; now that is PURE GOLD!

I hope others also find this thread.

Ian
    Keymaster

Typing “ks” to get the keyboard shortcuts dialog box; now that is PURE GOLD!

I hope others also find this thread.

I get the impression you’re starting to like Revit?!!!

brentwz
    Participant

Most assuredly, yes, Ian.

Revit’s like, WOW!

I left architecture and building construction back in 1996 but became highly software-enabled in the industry sectors of design, marketing, Internet and sales from then till now. The details of why are another story entirely, but returning to my architectural foundations – by studying Diploma of Building Design this year – should go some way to make amends with my conscience.

Revit is one of 3 BIM-CAD software packages I need to get a handle on this year; the other 2 are Edificius (ACCA Software) and ARCHICAD. The reasons are based on industry usage of all 3 programs.

However, Revit is the mainstay during my diploma studies. And I have no regrets with its selection. Your video tutelage makes it a delight to practice and prepare for workplace implementation of Revit.

And with classroom study looming (7 February), I mustn’t feel like a dummy or fossil alongside the “young guns”, as I said elsewhere in your forums!

Soon as I get the last 14 Beginner’s Guide units finished, I can work through your WALLS tute, same time as classwork, hey.

Cheers.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ian
    Keymaster

Most assuredly, yes, Ian.

Revit’s like, WOW!

I left architecture and building construction back in 1996 but became highly software-enabled in the industry sectors of design, marketing, Internet and sales from then till now. The details of why are another story entirely, but returning to my architectural foundations – by studying Diploma of Building Design this year – should go some way to make amends with my conscience.

Revit is one of 3 BIM-CAD software packages I need to get a handle on this year; the other 2 are Edificius (ACCA Software) and ARCHICAD. The reasons are based on industry usage of all 3 programs.

However, Revit is the mainstay during my diploma studies. And I have no regrets with its selection. Your video tutelage makes it a delight to practice and prepare for workplace implementation of Revit.

And with classroom study looming (7 February), I mustn’t feel like a dummy or fossil alongside the “young guns”, as I said elsewhere in your forums!

Soon as I get the last 14 Beginner’s Guide units finished, I can work through your WALLS tute, same time as classwork, hey.

Cheers.

You’ll have to let us know how you get on with ArchiCAD. I know VERY little about it, apart for the fact that it has a very devout niche following of fans.

Kind regards,
    Ian

brentwz
    Participant

Shall keep you posted.

First fiddled with ARCHICAD IN 1990; coupla hours on an Apple. Said by some to be the first implementation of BIM. Have a fully working, 12-month Student version that I’ve opened a few times to have an initial look around the interface. Interesting, and different, as is Edificius too.

But Revit and I are currently a CAD marriage made in Heaven! After all, regardless of our shortcomings, there’s so much we can do together. ;D

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.