If you interested in getting involved with this one- just drop a line here!

Home Forums Focus Group: The Ultimate Guide to Revit Walls If you interested in getting involved with this one- just drop a line here!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Ian 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Ian
    Keymaster

This Course is going to go deep into the topic of Revit Walls. If you’d like to get involved in both shaping the itinerary and also reviewing the draft content- just let me know in this topic.

Many thanks,
    Ian

mpthompson
    Participant

I’m in!

Do you just want random suggestions or is there an itinerary to comment on?

Will you go into phases for wall joins?

Ian
      Keymaster

Fantastic!!!!!

Many thanks for your involvement.

I’v got some ideas so will post a real-rough starter for ten Itinerary in the next day or two- and people can just chip in on that.

My choice of next course was because Walls are the most common element in any Revit Project (or the vast MAJORITY) of projects- so why not really get into the nitty-gritty of them.

Don’t see why we cant (or shouldn’t) include Phases for Wall Joins- actually, Wall Joins is going to be one of the Modules in it’s own right- so Phases could probably be a distinct Unit in the “Wall Joins” Module.

I want to cover everything from controlling every graphic aspect, building Wall Types from scratch- including detailed explanations of all the Layer Function Hierarchies, etc- to Stacked Wall Creations, Sloped Walls, Wall terminations, Layer Wraps at Openings, Custom Wall Sweeps and their creation, Room-Bounding Properties, etc, etc.

You guys will obviously be getting the Course for free- but at some point (near to it’s launch), I’m probably going to ask for some input into pricing.

Also: If you guys have any ideas for future Courses (I’ve got LOTS to put in the mix)- please let me know.

Many thanks,
      Ian

mpthompson
        Participant

Sounds great.

Do you have a list of the different courses/modules that you’re planning and then I’m not repeating ones you already have in mind when suggesting ideas?

For costs/pricing are you planning on a cost per course/module and/or different levels of membership per annum/month etc?

Ian
          Keymaster

With regards Pricing- that’s a question I’ve been toying with in my mind for months.

I would LOVE to hear feedback on whether you guys think a Membership package OR Individual Course Purchases would be better. OR it could be a combination of both- ie Free Membership gets you the Beginners Course for Free (as it does now) and you then buy just the Courses you are interested in. But also have a Paid Membership packages where you get all the Courses for free instead of buying them separately. At this point in time, I’m leaning towards just individual purchases- people can then simply cherry-pick from what they need / are interested in. Once purchased- it’s yours to access forever- definitely not imposing any time limits on the courses- I want people to take them in their own time and then revisit as required.

Thanks,
          Ian

Jim
    Participant

Count me in in. Hope to have more time to give on this one though. I’m always monkeying around trying to get my walls to join together correctly
    Jim

Ian
      Keymaster

That’s great Jim- many thanks

Jenner M
    Participant

Hi Ian,

Besides not all the modules in Beginners Guide were completed, it was a nice work, very neat and precise. For the Revit Wall Guide i would suggest maybe to consider some add-ins like Wood Framing Walls (Autodesk Revit Extensions). About pricing maybe you could consider both options: whole package and individual. Keep on with this!

Jenner

Ian
      Keymaster

Many thanks Jenner,

Thanks for the feedback.

Rest assured the remaining Units for the Beginners Course are in hand and will be released asap. Thought it was a good idea to get the debate started about what should be in the next course, whilst I complete the first course. That way, I can hit the ground running on the 2nd course, as soon as the 1st is complete- becuase the Itinerary will already have been thrashed out.

Thanks once again,
      Cheers,
      Ian

Rinasart
    Participant

Hi Ian,

Please count me in 🙂

Thx,
    Arti

Ian
      Keymaster

Thanks Arti- sure will

biff
    Participant

I’m in, I have tried to input to the last one as much as I could. But teaching gets in the way! Looking forward to it.

Ian
      Keymaster

Great to have you on board!!!!!

I don’t want anyone to worry about how much time they input- whatever you can spare is VERY much appreciated!

Kind regards,
      Ian

baddog
    Participant

Ian:
    count me in i really enjoy the way you instruct, i have used so many cadd, modeling, rendering software programs and version that they all tend to run together after a while. So your approach helps clean out the years of old stuff.

Ian
      Keymaster

That’s great! And many thanks for the positive (& very kind!) feedback.

Regards,
      Ian

denspike10
    Participant

Hi Ian,

Count me in!

Many thanks.

Peter

Ian
      Keymaster

Many thanks Peter- very pleased to have you onboard with this one! 🙂

labelle
    Participant

Hi Ian,
    After seeing the quality of the beginner course so far, I’m very interested in reviewing your in-depth courses. Please count me in… Will you be doing the same Ultimate Guide to “families” or “Schedules”? I imagine these take a while to put together, so I thank you for your hard work. As far as pricing. I guess I like options. I’d probably be inclined to just purchase one overall membership if I thought it held enough information for the asking price. However, the cheap side of me thinks that if I were at a level that only one or a couple guides would benefit me then your “pay as you go” plan is a great idea. It is good of you to offer these types of options to fit everyone’s needs.

Mike

Ian
      Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Families and Schedules- YES to both!!!! (And much more). As you say, this will take time though. I want to maintain the depth and quality (increase it if possible)- that I’ve started. The premium content will be reasonable and realistically priced- but I want to ensure that people feel they are getting good value.

With regards options, I spent most of last week in the back end of the e-commerce side of the site- starting to configure it to give you guys the maximum flexibility.

I think I’ll be able to offer ALL options- ie purchase individual products; purchase bundles of associated products (with a discount of course). As well as Membership Plans which will include a range (if not all) of the products- in the price.

Also looking at other options- ie a “product” may be 1-2-1 with me taking you through the course over the duration of a fortnight, etc.

Another option maybe a “Priority Support Forum” as a product. ie 3 / 6 / 12 months of Priority support, bespoke 1-2-1 videos, etc.

Lots of options. I want to ensure this functionality is built in from day one- so I’m not constrained with expanding in the future.

Many thanks,
      Ian

Peet
    Participant

Hi Ian,

I wasn’t able to complete my review of the beginners course in time but I definitely would like to get involved in this one as well.
    One project I’m working on is walls for passive houses but not as you know it.
    You only use LVL or CLT and EPS with graphite (not mentioning interior or external wall finishes) and I have no clue (yet) how to do that in Revit because this is certainly not the usual wall type.

Ian
      Keymaster

That’s fantastic- many thanks for your help with this one.

And yes- there will be a dedicated Module in the Course for creating new Wall Types. So a little later, when we’re getting into the detail of the Units- we can discuss your issue- such that we make sure those kinds of scenarios are covered.

Thanks once again.
      Ian

PS: There is a Forum on here for general software questions- so you may wish to post your weall query on there and I (and others) will see if we can get that resolved for you inadvance of the Course coming out 🙂

Daniel
    Participant

Hi Ian,

also want to be a part of this, please count me in too. Looking forward to it.
    Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Ian
      Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Great to have you on board- apologies for the delay in replying.

Regards,
      Ian

PS: MANY THANKS for your email too! (Will catch up with a reply to that also!)

mcernello
    Participant

Hi Ian, please count me in!
    Im sorry I am a bit behind in providing feedback to the basic course. I’ll try to catch up!
    Regards,
    Max

Ian
      Keymaster

Many thanks Max!

No worries at all- I appreciate any time that people can contribute, no matter how much or how little.

Kind regards,
      Ian

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.