Hi there!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ian 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

garywtd
    Participant

“I’m on my way, I’m making it…” -Peter Gabriel Big Time, 1986

OK, pop culture aside, I am learning Revit (using 2016) and hoping to learn from this site and forum! My firm is mostly an MEP/FP firm, so learning Architectural elements has been limited to YouTube mostly. My background is mostly in IT, but I am trying to learn Telecom design and work for my firm’s TD group. A big Hello to all of you out there in BIMscape land. I hope to look, listen… and LEARN!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ian
    Keymaster

Hi there and welcome!

Many thanks for taking the time to post an Introduction. It is very much appreciated and also VERY useful for me. The more I know about my audience, their reason for learning / using Revit, the better I can tailor the material going forward.

Although obviously aimed at Architecture, much of the Beginners Course is 100% relevent to MEP. The underlying core engine of Revit is the same, Levels, Views, Project Browser, editing tools, Visibility / Grpahic controls- it’s all the same no matter which flavour of Revit you are using.

I really hope you enjoy the course and get a lot out of it. PLEASE ask on the forums, if you’re stuck with something. Today I added the facility to upload image attachments to your posts- so please feel free to include screenshots if it helps explain the problem.

Thanks once again,
    Kind regards,
    Ian

1 user thanked author for this post.

Cire
    Participant

Hi

My name is paul. I have just taken the first few units so am at an early stage.
    I expected to download some models so that we can copy the techniques but have not been able to, so far, find any. Can anybody throw some light onto this.
    I have just started the properties unit and can see that I need an active file open to get this functionality but I have not seen a request to open a file. Have I missed something or is there an assumption that I have bypassed?
    Otherwise a good course so far.

Paul

Ian
      Keymaster

Hi Paul,

A very warm welcome to BIMscape and the Course.

At present there are no course files to follow. I just explain the each concept and tool and you can experiment with how they play out.

At some point in the future, I may produce a follow-along exercise course, to go hand in hand with the tutorials. But that’s going to be a little further down the road I’m afraid,

Many thanks,
      Kind regards,
      Ian

karramba
    Participant

Hi,
    My name is Karo.
    I would like to know if your course is in metric other in imperial system?

Good job! Congrats!

Regards

Ian
    Keymaster

Hi,
    My name is Karo.
    I would like to know if your course is in metric other in imperial system?

Good job! Congrats!

Regards

Hi Karo,

Apologies for delay in replying- I’ve been moving home the last couple of days.

The course isn’t really in any particular Units. I just happen to mention / work in Metric as I’m in the UK. But it should be fairly easy to follow in any units- as it’s the concepts and principles that I explain. Hope this makes sense?

Thanks once again,
    Kind regards,
    Ian

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.