Changin material pattern in wall type example

Home Forums “The Ultimate Guide to Revit Walls” Course Changin material pattern in wall type example

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  brentwz 3 months ago.

• Author

brentwz
    Participant

In M9 U1, you click on Structure > Edit etc to change the pattern type of the brick material. However, you didn’t do what you always insist on; duplicate the wall type, or the material, firstly.

I thought there must be a reason for non-duplication THIS TIME. So I followed these actions implicitly.

About 2m25s into video, you caution being careful with changing the material pattern of the wall type, without duplication of material and wall types – because of the effect, if we’re applying this change to only one of a bunch of walls.

I guess it threw me off track.

If I duplicate the material when I’ve clicked into the Fill Pattern dialog, is that creating a duplicate ONLY IN the project I have open?

Then, do I Okay back to the first level dialog, to duplicate the wall type, meaning the new material is assigned to the new wall type – which also is IN THIS PROJECT ONLY?

Being a Revit learner, I’m confused with the priority order of changed items here. Hope you can follow my train of thought on this one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.