Wall Assembly Schedule  

I am working my way thru the Ultimate Guide to Revit Walls course, so maybe this is answered somewhere later in the course but I don't see a specific topic listed for it.

Here in Canada we put a wall assembly schedule on the drawings that lists all the layers of the wall with the respective thickness of each layer along with its RSI value, also the sound resistance rating, and fire resistance rating for the wall assembly as a whole.

For the R-value to be accurate I would have to add an insulation layer to the wall, but in reality the batt insulation is embedded between the wall studs and just adding a layer of batt insulation to the wall type add 6" to it. Is there a way to show this insulation as part of the wall type and for each layer to show up in a schedule just for each wall type? I have experimented with a material take off schedule but this only provides  the total of materials for each wall type used in the project.

Even in a wall schedule for framing I can show the R value, but because the insulation that is in the wall can not be added to the wall type (at least I haven't figured out how yet!) the reading I get back for that value is a false one - it will only include the RSI for the wood lumber, siding and gypsum board.

I can make up a wall legend graphically showing all the wall layers, with columns for the sound rating and fire rating etc. but it would be really nice to have revit read back that information in a schedule for each wall type being used in the project. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Posted : 08/03/2018 4:47 pm

Please Login or Register