[Sticky] News & Announcements (The Complete Guide to Creating Autodesk Revit Families)  

RSS
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin

This Thread will be used to convey any News or Announcements relating to The Complete Guide to Creating Autodesk Revit Families course specifically.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2018 1:40 pm HLA WIN liked
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin

For participants in the Early Access Group, the Course will kick off today.

When you log in to the Course, access Unit  1 in Module 1- and you will find a link to download the first Unit as a PDF.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2018 1:44 pm
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin

The Unit 1 PDF is now available. Just log in to the Course and click on the download link- the PDF will download immediately. The first Unit goes through basic housekeeping and how to best get in touch should you need to. Please check this News & Announcements thread for updates as to the release of forthcoming Units- all of Unit 1 will be released by the end of this week.

Kind regards,

Ian

Edited: 2 weeks  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2018 3:17 pm
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin

Please ensure you are subscribed to the free monthly Email Newsletter

I am conscious that many of you who are taking this course are not subscribed to my Email Newsletter- PLEASE do not miss out on future Discounts. Periodically I offer Discounts on the training material at BIMscape- and the biggest discounts always go to those who have made previous purchases. So when I offer Discount codes, I email them to people who have purchased specific courses. If you're not on the mailing list, I can't get these codes to you!

If you are not on the Mailing List, just use the signup form on the right hand side of the website. Please ensure you use the same email address as used for your BIMscape account- that way, MailChimp (the Newsletter service I use) will associate your email address with the purchases you have made. Consequently, you will automatically be placed in the correct group for certain discount codes, etc.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2018 3:28 pm
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin

Many apologies for the confusion with the "Mark as Completed" issues on the first Unit. On reflection it was quite confusing. I've put a different system in place tonight- which should work better and be a lot less confusing!

So how it works now: For the Units that have been released (Unit 1 in Module 1, at the time of writing) you CAN mark it as complete- and move onto the next Unit- which is basically a "placeholder page" with instruction not to go any further.

Then when I release the next few Units later this week- that placeholder page moves to the end and so forth over the coming weeks.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the Units.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2018 12:06 am
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin

Module 1: Units 2, 3 and 4; plus the Module Quiz to be released this Friday (6th April).

Please digest the info in this Units and give feedback / ask questions during next week (week commencing 9th April). Any updates or amendments due to your questions / feedback will be incorporated during that week and the revised PDF Units available by that Friday. I want to ensure all Units capture your feedback and answer your questions.

Many thanks for your input and support.

Kind regards,

Ian 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2018 8:52 pm
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin

Module 1: Unit 2 is now available to read online / download as a PDF. 

The next Unit is due tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2018 10:42 pm
Steve Ellis
(@steve-ellis)
New Member Member

Hello Ian,

I can see Unit 2 Component Families: An overview in the list .. but it's not a link. Can you investigate? 

regards

Steve

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2018 7:22 am Ian liked
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin
Posted by: Steve Ellis

Hello Ian,

I can see Unit 2 Component Families: An overview in the list .. but it's not a link. Can you investigate? 

regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Just open Unit 1 and hit "Mark as Completed" at the bottom of the page. Then hit the "Next Unit" button at the bottom of the page. This will open Unit 2. It will also make that into a Link on the Itinerary page.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2018 7:47 am
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin

Module 1: Unit 3 now available.

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2018 11:07 pm
Steve Ellis
(@steve-ellis)
New Member Member

Hello Ian,

that has worked fine, up and running! 

I'm using the LT version and when clicking on Load Family I don't seem to get access to the Revit library. Is this expected? If so what is the easiest and best method to access the generic templates for the various family creations? 

Thanks,

Steve

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/04/2018 7:35 am
Jo
 Jo
(@jhbim)

HI  Ian

Will the second module be available this week?

Thanks

Jon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2018 6:59 pm Ian liked
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin
Posted by: Jo

HI  Ian

Will the second module be available this week?

Thanks

Jon

Hi Jon,

The last Unit from Module 1 will be available later this evening. And about half of Module 2 Units will be out by the end of this week. I'm hoping there will be some feedback / questions starting to come in next week- such that these will feed full-circle back into the Units and the Videos (which will start to be released next week)

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2018 9:39 pm
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin

Module 1: Unit 4 now available

Kind regards,

Ian