My YouTube Videos: ...

My YouTube Videos: Any Feedback????  

RSS
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin

Good or Bad! There's no point in asking for feedback unless people are honest. So how are you finding the video tutorials? Any use? Any topics you'd like added to the list?

Posted : 11/11/2015 3:25 pm
(@mpthompson)
Eminent Member

Just had a quick look at the modelling irregular walls. It's a clear and concise video tutorial IMO.

Personally I prefer to quickly skim through a written example/blog as I find that I can pluck the information I need faster than watching a video.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2015 1:31 pm
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin

Many thanks fir this feedback.

That's a REALLY interesting insight- some like videos, some like written content, some like both. So the plan for BIMscape is that it will always contain both and the videos will always be embedded in the written article- so you've only got one place to look.

Cheers,
Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2015 2:43 pm
(@mpthompson)
Eminent Member

Thanks Ian, that's an ideal mix.

If something is more awkward I might watch a step by step video but 99% of the time if I have a query, it's a quick google, skim read and implement

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2015 2:47 pm
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin

I know what you mean. I think software instruction lends itself to both mediums.

PS: I've added the new Membership Level to all you guys listed in the sign-up Topic. Can you confirm that its showing in your side bar and that you can access the Focus Group Forum?

Many thanks 🙂

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2015 2:59 pm
(@muhammadshakeel)

I have started to learn Revit essential training with BIM-scape and review the Lessons until Module 3 unit-4. Although I have basic knowledge about Revit Architecture but when I start learning with BIM-Scape forum with Mr. lan Nichols. I really very impressed with his way of teaching. He organized all the learning stuff (written Articles for each module & unit with Agenda & key points) and video tutorials in a very simple & easy way, so student and any new learner who want to learn from scratch can understand easily as well as he spread his knowledge very comprehensive way.
Thanks Mr. Lan Nichols & BIMscape
Muhammad Shakeel

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2016 1:46 pm
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin

Hi Muhammad,

Your feedback and kind words are VERY much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2016 11:35 pm
(@mariajm13)

Generally, its very simple to follow - however at times, there's a bit of "cart before the horse" instructions. For example I'm currently doing the "reference plane" unit. You say what they are used for, showing examples then afterwards you show how to draw them / where to find them.

However, knowing how to draw reference planes and knowing where they are should have been before showing us the examples, so that we can follow you on our revit, if we can. Also, its a bit frustrating for a newbie like myself seeing lines but not knowing where they came from.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2016 3:55 pm
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin

Many thanks for the feedback,

I can see you point now that you've explained it.

My reasoning (right or wrong) is to start by explaining what a tool / function is used for and then start from scratch in showing you how to achieve it.

If I just started drawing Reference Planes, some people may be wondering why they are doing so, for what reason.

I suppose it's swings and roundabouts- some will prefer it the way it is and others the way that you suggest.

But MANY thanks for providing feedback and pointing this out- it's very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2016 5:43 pm
(@dacruzsantos)

Hi Ian,

Firsty I want to thank you for your dedication in put this classes together, I spent £2.700.00 in a Revit course and saddly half of the money was waste as some of the tutors didn't have a fraction of your knowledge, to be honest I use your videos as guide as your particular way of explaining help me a lot. Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2016 10:29 am
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin

Hi,

Many, many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback.

Sorry to hear of your experience with your previous training. I have have received several emails from people along those lines- ie they've paid good money for (shall we say) less than ideal training.

My goal with BIMscape is simple. Provide good quality, easy-to-understand tuition on a range of BIM-related topics.

The Beginners Course will always be 100% free. It get's people into the software relatively quickly, it sets (hopefully!) a good, solid base-understanding of the key concepts.

In the very near future, there will be a whole range of intermediate and advanced courses to allow people to develop their skills in the direction they choose. These will be paid courses, but priced at a reasonable and fair level.

By taking the free course, people can judge if they like my teaching style and presentation. This should add a degree of comfort to their purchasing decision- in that they know the quality of content that they will receive.

Thanks once again for words of encouragement and motivation!

Kind regards,
Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2016 3:33 pm
(@elianto)

Hi Ian,
I found your tutorial extremely helpful! I like the way you teach! Well done!!!
Thank you so much so far
Best regards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2016 5:39 pm
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin

Hi Elianto!

Many thanks for the kind words- really appreciated. MANY more videos / courses due over the coming months & years!

Kind regards,
Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2016 5:48 pm
(@mele3uk-net)

Ian, Firstly my sincere thanks for taking the time to put out both the written and video instructions. I'm very conversant with AutoCAD (I started on version 12 way back) but Revit is a whole new ball game for anyone making the transition from 2D Cad to Revit.

I find your tutorials very helpful in making this transition and I'm looking forward to the day when I can finally say a great big thank you to you for taking the time to produce these. I am confident that once all the modules are completed everyone of us working through these tutorials will have a great working knowledge of Revit and it's workings.

Hats off to you.

Mel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2016 12:06 pm
 Ian
(@ian)
Honorable Member Admin

[quote quote=7161]Ian, Firstly my sincere thanks for taking the time to put out both the written and video instructions. I’m very conversant with AutoCAD (I started on version 12 way back) but Revit is a whole new ball game for anyone making the transition from 2D Cad to Revit.
I find your tutorials very helpful in making this transition and I’m looking forward to the day when I can finally say a great big thank you to you for taking the time to produce these. I am confident that once all the modules are completed everyone of us working through these tutorials will have a great working knowledge of Revit and it’s workings.
Hats off to you.
Mel.
[/quote]

Many thanks indeed Mel for your kind words.

Yes- it's a great step (and leap of faith) going from ACAD (especially 2D) to Revit. It's a mindset-thing more than anything. I'm always fascinated by the transition that people make. It's so rewarding when people "get it"- ie they can see the bigger picture of Revit & BIM, even if they're not yet conversant with the technical aspects of the software.

This Beginners Course is aimed to be a solid foundation on which people can build their skills. I want to take you guys on a journey over the next year or two- to become Revit Ninjas! I want people to "really" start leveraging the power of Revit. We'll be going into every nook and cranny to make sure you get the most out of your software purchase.

Kind regards,
Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2016 1:11 pm
Share: