Hello I'm John and New to Revit...looking forward to becoming addicted  

John Harris

HI my name is John and I Live on the Isle of Man.
The firm of Architects I work for have invested money into bringing Revit into the Company and I have been promoted to chief guinea pig! I have been tasked with my first project so I am having to learn as I go...it's going to take some time and we won't even break even but it's a start.

Any support or helpful ideas will always be welcome, and of course your understanding as a group for the dopey questions asked which may be obvious to most but could be stumbling blocks to me.

Looking forward to becoming addicted to Revit and in time helping others on their journey also.

Cheers, catch some of you in the forums.

John

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2017 9:13 am
Ian
 Ian
Reputable Member Admin

[quote quote=10413]HI my name is John and I Live on the Isle of Man.
The firm of Architects I work for have invested money into bringing Revit into the Company and I have been promoted to chief guinea pig! I have been tasked with my first project so I am having to learn as I go…it’s going to take some time and we won’t even break even but it’s a start.

Any support or helpful ideas will always be welcome, and of course your understanding as a group for the dopey questions asked which may be obvious to most but could be stumbling blocks to me.

Looking forward to becoming addicted to Revit and in time helping others on their journey also.

Cheers, catch some of you in the forums.

John

[/quote]

Hi John,

A very warm welcome to you!

Congratulations on your company having the conviction to get on board with Revit. I can guarantee they won't regret it. It may take a full year or two for them to fully evaluate and appreciate that decision- there is absolutely ne "quick fix" with Revit- as in "you're not going to be fully comfortable / competent within a few weeks"- but stick with it- and the rewards WILL COME- and they'll come TEN FOLD over how you worked before.

PLEASE ask all the questions you like / need/ We can get up to speed with Revit- you can cascade that down in your company.

Kind regards,
Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2017 10:51 am
peter

Addiction is a very apt word in this programme. That addiction can lead to a 2am wakeup with a cry of "eureka!, I know how to do it", when you have been puzzling over how to do something. You will probably dream it too. But you must keep at it, it is very easy to forget if you don't pick it up for a week or so. And a couple of months away means taking a few steps backwards, straining the memory bank in how to use a tool for something.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2017 8:03 am Ian liked
Ian
 Ian
Reputable Member Admin
Posted by: peter

Addiction is a very apt word in this programme. That addiction can lead to a 2am wakeup with a cry of "eureka!, I know how to do it", when you have been puzzling over how to do something. You will probably dream it too. But you must keep at it, it is very easy to forget if you don't pick it up for a week or so. And a couple of months away means taking a few steps backwards, straining the memory bank in how to use a tool for something.

All very true words indeed.

I'm a totally lost cause when it comes to Revit addiction. The bug has not worn off in 17 years!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2017 10:56 am

Working

Please Login or Register