Civil Engineering 4th year student from Turkey  

Cem Aygin
(@cemsselection)
New Member Member

Hello folks!

As pointed out in the title, I'm a civil engineering 4th year student from Turkey's Ozyegin University. In my university, we have the honor of having a professor that have worked on Autodesk as a developer engineer on Revit software. Furthermore, I plan to take my graduation project from him, so I wanted to sharpen up my skills in that software before I really got into action.

That's why I'm here! I hope that I can achieve my goals and help the BIMscape community along the process.

Best wishes,

Cem.

Cem Aygin
Senior @ Ozyegin University of Turkey, Department of Civil Engineering
cem.aygin@ozu.edu.tr

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2017 1:30 pm Ian liked
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin

Hi Cem,

A VERY warm welcome to you from the Community!

Really looking forward to you being a part of this Community. Best of luck with your Graduation Project. Sounds like you have the ideal Tutor at your Uni' 🙂

Is BIM starting to gain traction in Turkey?

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2017 2:25 pm
Cem Aygin
(@cemsselection)
New Member Member

Thanks for your warm welcome! I strongly benefit from your good energy and enthusiasm 🙂

Is BIM starting to gain traction in Turkey?

I want to say yes, but I don't think so quite yet. Biggest and most influential construction and design companies of Turkey have already adopted the teachings and methods of BIM, so we can say it's gaining traction. However, vast majority of the companies are not willing to/ in need to embrace this relatively new concept, mostly because of the fact that they are making great money already by using the old techniques. In my humble opinion, we have so much way to go before I can really say that BIM is embraced among Turkey. Hopefully our generation can change something 🙂

Cem Aygin
Senior @ Ozyegin University of Turkey, Department of Civil Engineering
cem.aygin@ozu.edu.tr

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2017 2:42 pm Ian liked
Ian
 Ian
(@ian)
Reputable Member Admin

It sounds very much like the situation here in the UK. Some of the big companies are on board and have been for a long time. A lot of small to medium sizes companies "think" they are "doing BIM" because they create 3D models! (well, it's a start!)

I am 100% convinced it will be common place- just not sure quite when. Hopefully us like-minded individuals around the globe can move things on and take others with us! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2017 2:48 pm

Working

Please Login or Register