Career Switcher  

anabeza
New Member Member

Hello Ian and BIMscape Community,

My name is Anne Marie. A little more than a year ago I left a job pointing to a career path in digital product management for tech. It was interesting and I like the problem solving and user-centric research aspect of the work, however, the farther I got down that career path the more I found myself with insatiable desire to pursue a path in designing built environments. Right now I'm taking courses for interior design at UCLA Extension with aspirations to create interior spaces that are environmentally sustainable. I also have a dream to be part of an organization aimed to build spaces that help communities disengage from dependencies on big business and foster self-dependency. It's a tall order, but I'm willing to take a step one day at a time.

As for making the most of my time here... I'm a visual-spatial learner and can learn concepts fairly easily, BUT I have a horrible memory. I want to work harder at remembering details, especially in Revit, and hope to use the course as a resource that I can reference when my memory isn't at its peak performance.

Thank you for letting me be part of this community, and I look forward to learning from and with all of you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2017 3:57 am Ian liked
Ian
 Ian
Reputable Member Admin

Hi Anne Marie- a very warm WELCOME to you!

Wow, what an interesting bio, and an exciting change in career direction. I wish you all the best with it.

Revit sounds like it will be ideal for what you plan on doing. It is ideally suited for interior design, as well as the overall building design.

Any questions with the training material, please just ask.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2017 9:52 am

Working

Please Login or Register