Windows Roof Light  

tony wincup
Active Member Member

Hi Ian,

I need a roof light fitted into a flat roof, i loaded the windows family, found the out of the box windows roof light, edited the type to the size i require but cannot seem to place it. The only parameter available is the elevation, i have tried setting this to top and bottom of flat roof thickness but i repeatedly get " Error, can't make type Windows_roof_Light".

I searched You Tube to try to find a video with no luck. I will persevere, but if you have any idea what i am doing wrong please let me know.

Cheers Tony

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2017 7:57 pm Ian liked
Ian
 Ian
Reputable Member Admin

Hi Tony,

Not sure what's going on here. I have just tried this for myself. A simple rectangular flat roof. I then loaded the out-of-the-box standard rooflight and just clicked on the roof- and it inserted it straight away. Did this in both a 3D view and a floor plan view (set at roof level).

Cheers,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2017 5:09 pm
tony wincup
Active Member Member

Hi Ian,

Just to give you something to think about ­čÖé

I have tried everything with that roof window! The roof windows with double bars and multi bars work every time in every view, but the one i want ( the pitched glass on the rectangular kerb upstand) will not insert ! I thought maybe it could be the roof type i had created but the others insert perfectly, either flat or pitched. The elevation in the properties seems to be preset at 3657.6 every time, i then created three separate models with differing roof levels and types and the windows with bars insert, regardless of the elevation set in properties, they just intelligently cut into the picked roof surface, but the one i want simply will not. I have dimensioned top , bottom etc of the roof and tried setting the elevation accordingly with no luck. I have clicked through the error messages, just says Can't make type Windows_Roof_Light :****mm x ****mm then further down the tree it says Error 1  Mark 12 :id 295698.  These sort of things happen frequently when working through a manual, things will not behave as expected, i usually spend hours determined to solve these. Hope this information shines light on the problem for you, and its just a simple fix my end. Dont expect you to spend hours solving it, just hope you have another idea where i'm going wrong.

Cheers mate look forward to any feed back     Tony

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2017 11:01 am
Ian
 Ian
Reputable Member Admin

Hi Tony,

Can you confirm the name of the Rooflight Family that is causing the problem?

Cheers,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2017 11:06 am
tony wincup
Active Member Member

Hi Ian,

Sure, i load the Windows family from the UK library then its the first one of the roof windows,Windows_Roof_Light.rfa,   the next two are Windows_Roof_Light_w-DBL-Bars.rfa and Windows_Roof_Light_w-Multi-Bars.rfa both of which work perfectly?

Thanks for taking the time to look into this  Cheers Tony

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2017 8:53 pm

Working

Please Login or Register