Wall visual representation in the Floor Plan - Module 4: Unit 1  

dafs
 dafs
New Member Member

Hey Ian,

First and foremost, excellent work. This course is helping me a lot, thank you.

In think my question regarding this unit is related maybe to the template used, and the wall visual representation in the Floor Plan. As suggested, I'm using the default template, however I have detected some differences from the template you use.

As you can see in the printscreen, when I select a wall type identical to the one you use, the visual representation of the wall does not consider the different elements that make up the wall. Appears as a single element represented by that diagonal cross-hatch pattern.

Mine: 

Yours: 

Can I change this to look like yours?

Best regards,

Alex

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2017 6:03 pm Ian liked
Ian
 Ian
Reputable Member Admin

Hi Alex,

Try changing the "Detail Level" to "Fine" for that View. There is a Unit specifically on "Detail Levels" later on in the Course- you may not have got to it yet.

I suspect that your Detail Level for that View is set to "Course". This just shows the wall as monolithic- ie no layers.

The other possibility is that (despite the "name" of the Wall Type)- the actuall build-up (Revit calls it "Structure" for the Wall Type you are using is just set to 1 layer. You can check by selecting a piece of this wall on screen, then selecting "EDIT TYPE" and within there, hit "Structure" and see what Layers have been included.

Hope this helps?

Cheers,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2017 8:23 pm
dafs
 dafs
New Member Member

Yes, it was the "Detail Level". I changed to "Fine" as suggested, and problem solved!

I'm currently at Module 4, taking the course step by step. I haven't reached the "Detail Level" unit yet, so thanks 🙂

Keep up the good work.

Alex

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2017 9:26 pm Ian liked
Ian
 Ian
Reputable Member Admin
Posted by: dafs

Yes, it was the "Detail Level". I changed to "Fine" as suggested, and problem solved!

I'm currently at Module 4, taking the course step by step. I haven't reached the "Detail Level" unit yet, so thanks 🙂

Keep up the good work.

Alex

Fantastic Alex- glad you got it sorted!

Hope you are enjoying the course so far?

Kind regards,

Ian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2017 12:38 pm

Working

Please Login or Register