New name for items changed using instance parameter  

RSS
(@hidayatkarim)
New Member Member

When we change items using the instance parameters (such as height of the 3 walls in video Module 3 Unit 2) should those modified items save to a new name? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2018 5:19 pm Ian liked
(@geosnorky)
New Member Member
Posted by: hidayatkarim

When we change items using the instance parameters (such as height of the 3 walls in video Module 3 Unit 2) should those modified items save to a new name? 

Hello hidayatkarim,

When you change the value of an instance parameter for items (such as a walls) you don't need to save to a new name as you would do when you change the type parameters.

The items you are referring to are called instances of a family type.

When you modify an instance parameter, the change will apply only to the instances of the family type you have selected as opposed to modifying a type parameter that will change all the instances of that specific family and calls for the creation of a new family type, unless you deliberately want to make changes to that family type.

In the specific case of a wall you can only control the height as instance parameters, not through type parameters.

Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2018 10:23 pm Ian and hidayatkarim liked
(@hidayatkarim)
New Member Member

Hi geosnorky,

I understand what you mean especially after going further into the training modules. I would then guess the area (square meter or feet) of these walls would later show in the bill of quantity under the same wall type. For a different subject?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2018 4:05 pm Ian liked
(@geosnorky)
New Member Member
Posted by: hidayatkarim

Hi geosnorky,

I understand what you mean especially after going further into the training modules. I would then guess the area (square meter or feet) of these walls would later show in the bill of quantity under the same wall type. For a different subject?

Hi,

When you reach the "Schedules" unit you will see how to extract the information you require from any element that composes your model, including the surface of your walls.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2018 4:25 pm Ian liked
(@hidayatkarim)
New Member Member

Hi geosnorky,

Will look out for it and thank you for the help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2018 8:23 am Ian liked
Share: