Dual Monitors  

RSS
(@aj-clarke)
New Member Member

I am running Student version of 17 Revit through Windows on Bootcamp on my Mac Book Pro. I have the computer hooked up to two monitors (then I close the lid on the Lap top, not all the way)  the problem is I do not have any options coming down on location lines when I go to place a wall/column/elements. What I can do is type one of the options and it comes up in the box but it does mean I need to know what the list is-which I am finding from your tutorials.

I have done a bit of research online and it seems a bit of a common problem-I believe that Revit does not support dual monitors in the traditional sense in the absence of "active display",  only the screen containing the main Revit window (in this case my lap top) will allow the modification of elements.

It did mention that I would need to install an active display-does this sound correct or is there some settings somewhere that need to be changed?

Many thanks in advance.

AJ

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2018 12:37 am
(@jujitsoup)

You need to get a version of the just-released Revit 2019. It FINALLY supports dual monitors (why has it taken so long!!) and also includes tabbed windows and levels shown in 3D vuews, all really positive improvements. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2018 3:24 pm Ian liked
(@aj-clarke)
New Member Member

You are an absolute STAR!!!!  Thank you, you wont believe I just purchased Revit 2018 (I presume) on Friday.  I haven't had a chance to install so I have gone back to Autodesk to see if I can swap it out for the 2019 version instead-will see what they say!

Many thanks for taking the time and having the knowelege to answer.

AJ

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2018 11:43 pm Ian liked
Share: